Wednesday 10 September 2014

Chapped Lips...over it!

I guess the seasons are changing, and typical melbourne; warm and sunny one minute...hail, rain and storms the next (let's use yesterday as a prime example shall we?!) and I don't know about you but my lips are ALWAYS dry!

Now I have just joined the world of lipstick...lip shades, colours, styles (ok there is no such thing as lip styles but I felt like I needed a third option to sound like I have done my research and know all there is to know about lipstick) I love pink. I'm a pink girl, and all my friends will vouch for that. I love reds, oranges and nude colours but I always stick to pink...I would say there are about 300 different shades of pink (slight over exaggeration but you get my point) and I am slowly growing this collection.


Now this post isn't on lip colours (that is to come) its on keeping you lip colour on long enough. Yes I know lipsticks now are marketed that you will have 'longer lasting lips' but I have bought those and well...they don't last! I will keep searching, however, for now I have been looking at lip balms and yesterday I came across Carmex. I am not familiar with this brand (you may be) it comes in a retro looking tube, stick or tub and looks very 70s. It made me think it will be one of those products you will eventually label "my trusty old faithful.." which I am quickly starting to say (even though I have had it just over 24hours). The best part to this is that it not only hydrates my forever chapped lips, but because I applied it prior to the lipstick application I found my lip colour lasted longer, even after my morning coffee and mid morning cup of tea...I am in love. I don't usually fall this hard this fast but there is always a first for everything...






Oh and I forgot to mention one of my favourite things about it (well one of my favourites clearly...) its not tested on animals. So it ticks all the boxes for me...xo

No comments:

Post a Comment